As defined by Wikipedia internal communication (IC) is the function that is responsible for the effective communications among the participants within the organisation.
The internal communication system always has a manager who controls the communication field and make sure everything works around the given particular business context. Sometimes he or she has to be the logistic service manager in the internal communication field where they manages the ongoing curriculum, and thirdly as a strategic adviser.
The interpersonal communication between the employees of the company leads to a better communication system and helps in the growth of the company as well as the employees.
There are many benefits or importance of internal communication in today’s growing world. We are here with five key business functions that will let you know the need of growth of the internal communication.
1. The drive for purpose: When the communication between the workers grows they tend to ask questions regarding their goals and in order to develop and understand their work. So this internal communication function helps the employees not only to understand their work goals and make them perfect but also helps them to contribute in for visualising the company goals.
2. Remain in control of the message and its origin: Learning about news of your own work group from someone else is not a good thing that any organisation would want. So in order to avoid that one need to cope up with the discussion and messages and the particular work goal between your work mates in your organisation.
3. Empower and support middle management: Having a big chain of workers working on a particular assignment can be a bit tricky. Many organisations contain a chain of different kind of workers in a single project so informing them about everything can be a great task. So internal communication function helps in making the chain more effective.
4. Keep the brand promise and satisfy the customer: Customer satisfaction is the most important thing that an organisation mainly aims for. So in order to give the maximum customer satisfaction to their buyers the many multinational companies and organisations take help of the internal communication.
5. During a crisis: The main key to internal communication is timely and careful communication among the workers of the organisation. Better the communication better and easily the work is done without any problem. A good internal communication helps in avoiding a negative crisis and even solves a crisis if any occurs during the work process.
Internal communication has became a very integral part of every multinational industries and organisation as it not only helps in communication improvement and good work repo but also helps in the growth of the industry making it more prone to development.