Register as a sole trader

How can you begin to nurture a small business? How do you register as a sole trader and where can you get the necessary forms?

Anyone can set up in business as a sole trader, although for certain types of work you may need a licence or permission from your local authority. Restaurants, childminders, cab drivers and street traders, for example, all need to have a local authority licence. Your qualifications and business premises may be inspected beforehand to ensure you comply with regulations

To set yourself up as a sole trader you need to you need to download and complete form CWF1 to register as self-employed – click here.

Ben Lobel

Ben Lobel

Ben Lobel was the editor of from 2010 to 2018. He specialises in writing for start-up and scale-up companies in the areas of finance, marketing and HR.

Related Topics

Leave a comment