This will help them as they reopen, adapt their business models and get back to some kind of normality. Salesforce is offering a total of $1m (£920,000) in support to businesses across the UK.
Funding will be administered by Enterprise Nation through a selection process. If your initial entry is shortlisted, you’ll be invited to send in a video pitch with an introduction to your business; how your business has been affected by coronavirus; and how securing the grant will help your business, on what it will be spent and how it will positively impact the community.
Small businesses with 2-50 employees can apply for the scheme. Be aware that the process will be staggered. Firms in Northern Ireland can apply between 18 May and midnight on 24 May and the rest will open as follows:
- Midlands: 1-7 June
- South of England: 15 -21 June
- Scotland: 29 June – 5 July
- Wales: 13-19 July
- North of England: 27 July – 2 August
Companies that apply for the grant will also have access to Enterprise Nation membership, including free half-hour consultations with experts in marketing, strategy and digital technology.
To be eligible, firms must:
- Be registered at Companies House
- Have been established for at least 12 months
- Have not received any other cash grant during 2020 in relation to COVID-19 from any government
- Be based in the UK with a British bank account
- Have between 2 to 50 employees
- Meet all other eligibility requirements as stated in the grant programme terms here
Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation, said: “Taking on debt is not an option for every business, especially now. This grant will open up opportunities firms might otherwise not be able to afford, such as accessing support to help them pivot, learning how to access customers in new ways and increase skills.
“We’re seeing a growing appetite for businesses to up their digital game as well as adapt to the new ways of working that are emerging.”