Articles, guides and expert advice on invoicing for UK small businesses.

Sole trader

Raising an invoice as a sole trader

When raising an invoice as a sole trader, do I have to raise it in my name or can I use the title I am trading under. For example if I am John Smith t/a JS Associates, can I just use JS Associates?

Business Technology

How to grow a global creative agency in record time

Find out how creative agency, Myth Studio, used technology to grow their business and quadruple their staff count in 18 months

Partner content

Attracting and keeping top talent through Total Reward

Employment benefits specialist, Drewberry, explain why you should base your benefits around a Total Reward Strategy

Partner content

5 things every small business owner needs to know before starting

HSBC - Advertising feature

Partner content

What is professional indemnity insurance?

Professional indemnity insurance provides cover if somebody sues your business and they allege that your advice caused financial loss or damaged their brand. It’s not just for accountants and lawyers but for anyone offering a personal service, even web designers